Its the beginning of 2018. It’s a new year and this means endless opportunities.
I always feel that the beginning of a new year is a good time to reflect on the year that has passed.
The beginning of a new year allows you to reflect on the ups and downs you have experienced in the past year. It gives you the opportunity to take the time to decide if you are happy with where you are now or if you want to make some changes.
A new year is always a good time to make the changes that you have been wanting to make for a while.
I often sit and think about what really makes me happy. Am I happy in my career, my relationships and everything else that I do on a day to day basis? Am I creating a life I love and enjoy on a daily basis?
Finding and working towards what you love is such an essential part of being happy.
As a recruiter and someone that deals with people on a daily basis, I often interview candidates that are so unhappy with where they currently are.
We where not put on this earth to not live our best life.
With saying this, I want you (yes you) to really take time to think about this? Actually take a pen and notebook and write down what really makes you happy. Are they in line with what you are currently doing?
Here are a few questions for you to ask yourself while brainstorming:
- How much time a day are you spending doing what you love?
- Do you often feel like you should be doing more with your life?
- Do you dread getting up in the morning for work?
- Do you often day dream about a completely different everyday life or job?
- Do you often ask yourself “Is this really what I am going to do for the rest of my life”?
Now that you have brainstormed and figured out what you really want to work towards. Ask yourself these questions:
- What can you do to create the life you want to live?
- Have you created a plan that will put your dream into perspective?
- Are you motivated enough to start making the change slowly but surely?
- What will bring you closer to the life you want to live?
- Are you doing that one thing a day to make this a reality?
I am a full believer of creating a life you love and enjoy. I’m also a full believer of taking the steps you need to in order to create that life.
Now that you have taken the time to brainstorm what really makes you happy and how you can make them a reality, I want you to put it into action.
This could be as simple as waking up 30 minutes earlier so you have time to create a better morning routine, work on that blog post or that business proposal.
You are capable of doing absolutely anything you put your mind to. The key to creating the life you want is consistency. You need to work at it every single day in order to make it a reality.