I like money. Who doesn’t like money? Money makes everything easier and better. Without money we worry and have sleepless nights.
I like having money!
Money is the difference between worrying about how you going to pay everything or having that piece of mind knowing that you can pay everything. It’s the difference between being able to plan a trip to Thailand and not planning a trip to Thailand. Money gives you options.
Here are a few things I have learnt along the way when it comes to money.
- Save money. I know it’s hard. Oh, how I know how hard it is but we all have to do it. I have set up a debit order on my account for a certain amount to come off every month. It goes into a 32 day notice account. I cannot touch this money unless I give 30 days’ notice. Its forces you to save. It works. Trust me!
- You have been in the job market for a while and you are looking for a better opportunity or you just want a new environment. It doesn’t matter which. Just remember that you have gained more experience and you are worth so much more now. Make sure the company pays you the right salary!
- Keep a small jar at home for your small change. When you get home every day, make sure you empty your wallet or purse and put all the small change into the jar. After a month, count it, take it to the bank and there you have it. You have saved some extra cash.
- Two words “Emergency Fund”. Make sure you have some money saved for those unforeseen things that happen when you least expect it. Knowing that you have that money saved in an emergency fund will make you feel better. Trust me!
- Get a Retirement Annuity. Make sure you are planning for your retirement. I took out a retirement annuity when I was 20 and I have just opened a second one. This way I know, when I retire I will get two pay-outs every month and I won’t be strapped for cash or have to rely on someone else. Security!
So there you have it – just some of my personal money advice. If you haven’t started already, don’t worry, it’s never too late!